Landlord Requirements

You as the landlord must provide the Social Lettings Agency with;

  1. Written consent confirming your mortgage provider agrees to you entering the scheme (if property is mortgaged)
  2. Building insurance yearly throughout the lease, the Social Lettings Agency will send reminders each year before the insurance period ends
  3. Confirmation that your buildings insurers are aware that the property is part of a 5 year lease.
  4. The initial Gas, Electric and Energy Performance/Safety certificates.
  5. Evidence via land registry to confirm that you own the property.
  6. The landlord will be responsible to pay any service charges related to the property (for example communal area/lifts)
  7. The Landlord will be responsible for any major external structural work (for example roof repairs)